Frances Brady (1928 – 2004) was the last person to reside in Duckett’s Grove. She lived in one room located in the north wing of the mansion adjoining the court yard from 1976 until her demise on 09th July, 2004. During this time she established a horse riding school and animal sanctuary, where many acquired a passion for horse riding and where the beauty and wonders of nature and wildlife were, and continue to be appreciated.
Miss Brady shared her love of wildlife and the natural world with everyone who visited her riding school and animal sanctuary, where she homed many unwanted and strayed animals. Her remains are interred in the Brady family grave located in the graveyard of St. Mary’s Church, Bennekerry, Carlow.
A plaque erected to the memory of Miss Frances Brady is located at the north western courtyard doorway which was the entrance gate used by Miss Brady during her time as resident of Duckett’s Grove.
Article by J. Doyle – Founder, Owner and Administrator of DuckettsGrove.ie